Changa For Sale
Changa is a DMT-infused smoking blend. Extracts from DMT-containing plants are combined with a blend of different herbs. And ayahuasca vine and/or leaf to create a mix that is 20–50% DMT, akin to a smokeable ayahuasca.
Changa was created by Australian Julian Palmer in 2003-2004 and named when he ‘asked’ for a moniker for the drug during an Ayahuasca session.
The substance became highly popular in Australia in the mid 2000s, but its widespread introduction outside of Australia appears to be dated to the Boom Festival in Portugal in 2008 where many of the first online accounts of its use outside of Australia occur.
Changa For Sale has been rapidly growing in popularity due to its ease of smoking and longer duration (approximately 10-20 minutes) compared to smoking freebase DMT crystal.
The oldest evidence of the consumption of DMT is over 4,000 years old. Pipes made of puma bone (Felis concolor) were found at Inca Cueva, in Jujuy Province, Argentina, containing remains of DMT and bufotenin, the compounds found in Anadenanthera beans. Radiocarbon testing of the material gave a date of 2130 BC. However the main active constituent of Anadenanthera is bufotenin.
Although many psychoactive substances are reasonably safe to use on their own, they can suddenly become dangerous or even life-threatening when combined with other substances. The following list includes some known dangerous combinations (although it is not guaranteed to include all of them). Independent research should always be conducted to ensure that a combination of two or more substances is safe to consume. Some of the listed interactions have been sourced from TripSit.
- Stimulants – The neurotoxic effects of drugs like MDMA may be increased when combined with a changa mixture.
- 25x-NBOMe – Both the NBOMe series and this compound induce powerful stimulation and their interaction may cause severe side effects. These can include thought loops, seizures, increased blood pressure, vasoconstriction, increased heart rate, and heart failure (in extreme cases).
- DXM – This combination may cause increased heart rate and panic attacks.
- MXE – Increased heart rate and blood pressure may occur.
- Tramadol – This combination can increase the risk of seizures.